Thu 14 Mar 2019
Alexandre Boyes are recruiting for a Service Charge book keeper.
Duties to include:
- Production of monthly management accounts for external clients to include expenditure reports using Resident software
- Liaising directly with the bank on banking matters. Transferring money between accounts internally & by BACS Managing general ledger maintenance, journal preparation and account reconciliation on weekly & monthly basis.
- Identifying and investigating variances arising between actual & budgeted figures on the preparation of the reports and discussing them with the relevant parties.
- Providing various reports from Resident software and Excel statements
- Generating & issuing service charges demands on quarterly, six monthly & annual basis as per client leases.
- Leaseholder receipts & supplier payments
- Copying invoices and banks statements for the preparation of financial/management accounts.
- Entering new properties onto Resident, detailing client & property details, entering new units; freehold and leaseholder names and addresses.
- Entering any outstanding creditors from previous managing agents onto Resident.
- Liaison and coordinate between new client and previous managing agents for smooth transfer of all relevant documentation.
- Maintaining and updating database on day to day basis.
- Monthly client reporting to Director – client debtors
- Preparing documents for financial accounts and service charges reconciliation for year ends.
- Collating all required information in preparation for Annual General Meetings and Directors Meetings.
The ideal candidate would have 2-3 Years previous experience. Desired Qualifications (not essential but preferred): AIRPM ACCA
Please contact Kate Boyes to apply on 01892 525522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Boyes FARLA MRICS
Kate has been letting and managing property for 15 years, having established Alexandre Boyes Residential Lettings in 2003 and Alexandre Boyes Estate & Block Management in 2007. Kate is fiercely proud of the reputation both teams have in Tunbridge Wells & East Grinstead. Kate launched a national product, Resident, in August 2014 being an online property management software that is now utilised by Alexandre Boyes clients enabling them to log in and transparently view information on their blocks of flats and estates.
Kate has a first class honours degree in Land Management from the University of Reading specializing in Investment & Finance, and trained at Nelson Bakewell (now Capita Symonds), a Property Consultancy, in London. She qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 2004, and is a Fellow of ARLA. She became a Board member of ARLA in June 2015, representing Kent, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridgeshire.
"Our aim over the last 20 years has been to develop Alexandre Boyes into the 'go to' local agent, the alternative choice to the major brands. Contemporary, fresh marketing combined with genuine traditional values and service, and most importantly in depth local as well as professional knowledge make us the obvious choice."
Kate's role at Alexandre Boyes lettings focuses on valuations and new business, procedures & policies, and marketing. In block management she advises on new business, and oversees policy and procedures internally. When she isn't working (which is not very often!) she can be found enjoying a glass of wine at Sankeys or spending time with her three children at home in Sussex.